Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Lesson 4: Healing the Wound

For us to heal, we must give our wound to God and allow Him to heal us. To begin, John suggests taking quiet time alone and pouring our wound out to Him. Then, we must listen and feel God's grace upon us. God speaks, but differently to each person. He may speak to you through His voice, a godly person, dreams, revelations, and on and on.

As you give your wound to God, beware of being vulnerable. Satan will prowl around like a hungry lion waiting for you to slip. I truly believe The Deceiver wants nothing more than to see our lives destroyed. Yesterday, I was physically and mentally exhausted from a grueling weekend. Between our son's Tae Kwon Do tournament on Saturday and my wife's mother getting ill, I just lost my patience. Worse, I lost my patience with our boys.

Satan was toying with me. He knew I just blew it and he was digging the arrow further in my chest. He wanted me to admit that I, as a father, was a failure. I didn't immediately rebuke him, like I should have. Instead, I repaired the damage I did with our boys and then this morning, I blasted Satan. All along God has been whispering to me to be strong and be a defender of my family. God is my Father who will never leave me nor forsake me.

This week we will be studying chapters 8 and 9: The Battle. John says that every man needs a battle and become the warriors we were meant to be. Now he isn't advocating picking a fight with our boss. However, he is saying that we are at war against Satan and need to protect ourselves and our family. Provided you have time, watch either The Matrix or Braveheart movies. I also recommend The Patriot. Can you tell I like Mel Gibson?

This read like a poem that touched my soul:
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
There is a time for everything,
and a season for every activity under heaven:

a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
a time to kill and a time to heal,
a time to tear down and a time to build,
a time to weep and a time to laugh,
a time to mourn and a time to dance,
a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
a time to search and a time to give up,
a time to keep and a time to throw away,
a time to tear and a time to mend,
a time to be silent and a time to speak,
a time to love and a time to hate,
a time for war and a time for peace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home